Social Icons

Friday 29 June 2012

Automatically Sorts Files Of Same Types In Subfolders By Order In My Folder Free

order-in-my-folder-introEveryone seems to be a digital hoarder these days. Storage space is inexpensive so people keep everything. The problem is, when you save everything, keeping your files organized is a chore. Order in my Folder aims to help us.

A great example of a place Order in my Folder would be useful is in your Pictures folder. How many time have you said to yourself you are going to sit down and sort all of the images into chronological order? How many times have you taken a nap instead? Me too. Time to let the machines do the sorting so you can concentrate on that nap.

The only real requirements for using Order in my Folder are you have a Windows computer and you want to clean up your messy disorganized files and folders. If you meet those 2 requirements, lets get to it.

Once installed and started, Order in my Folder, your main screen should look something like this.

order-in-my-folder-main-screen

The first thing you will need to do is navigate to the first messy folder. This is a messy folder. as you can see, there are files and application exe files and links and folder… not very organized.

order-in-my-folder-sort-file-type

Sorting folder contents

There are a lot of options to sort. The most basic way to sort is to choose a method from the drop down in the middle.

order-in-my-folder-sort-options

Next you can apply the sort to files older than a specific day. If you’d like for all the files to be sorted, just leave this at 0. order-in-my-folder-apply-to-older-files-only

The next way you can sort is to use the Wildcard box. The way this helps is what ever you enter, say “.exe”, Order in my Folder only shows and sorts those files.

order-in-my-folder-wildcard

Once you have all the above steps completed, click the Order button. You’ll see a pop-up confirmation window. If everything is correct, click Yes to sort.

order-in-my-folder-confirm-sort

Here are a couple examples so you can see the finished sorting.

Sort by file type before

order-in-my-folder-sort-file-type

Sort by file type after

order-in-my-folder-sort-file-type-after

Sort by date created (pictures)

order-in-my-folder-pictures-folder

See how much cleaner and organized the folders look? Order in my Folder would be great to use in your picture folder, Dropbox or even your downloads folder. Because files already in a subfolder will not be organized, you can easily clean up what ever files you don’t have the time to organize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

make-money-468x60