Social Icons

Thursday 6 September 2012

ow to Fix the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad Problems

If you are unable to type letters, numbers, or symbols, you may have Mouse Keys enabled on a keyboard that has no numeric keypad or Num Lock key.


It happen to me this week, I was entering a password which had numerical numbers and I was using the numerical pad on the right side of my keyboard and I kept getting the wrong password message. I used the numbers above the letters on the keyboard and they worked.


So I thought I had a bad keyboard, until I did a simple search and there it was at Apple support, "Unable to type while Mouse Keys is enabled in Mac OS X"

Seams like I wasn't the only one having this problem.


How to Fix:


  1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Universal Access from the View menu.
  3. Click the Mouse tab or in Lion Click Mouse & Trackpad
  4. Click Off, next to Mouse Keys. If you have already logged in as a different user where Mouse Keys is disabled, click On and then click Off next to Mouse Keys, to return the keyboard to normal operation.
Note: You may also check/uncheck the box for "Press Option key five times to turn Mouse Keys on or off".

Note: If you are logged on to a user where Mouse Keys is already disabled, but your keyboard is not responding properly, toggle the radio buttons for Mouse Keys "On" then "Off" to restore normal functionality.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

make-money-468x60